Home Forums General Discussion How to change my name legally?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • Suresh
    Post count: 1

    I am Suresh and my age is 30. I am working with a private company. I consulted a nameologist and I wish to change my name. How should I do this legally? Will there be any issues to my children if I change my name now? Thanks

    Post count: 8

    The process is very simple and involves just three (3) steps.

    Step 1: Affidavit
    You need to sign an affidavit and get that notarized by a Notary Public / Commissioner of Oath. The affidavit must state that you are changing your name and you will be called as “YOUR NEW NAME”. The affidavit should also mention a reason for changing your name. (Name change after marriage to add spouse name as surname etc).

    Step 2: Newspaper Advertisements
    You need to give two Newspaper advertisements. One in any English newspaper and another in your local language newspaper. (Tamil newspaper in Tamilnadu, Malayalam newspaper in Kerala etc). The format of advertisement can be as follows: I, Mr.OLD NAME have changed my name from OLD NAME to NEW NAMEby affidavit sworn before the Notary Public, at YOUR PLACE on DATE. Henceforth, I shall be known as NEW NAME for all purposes. YOUR NAME and ADDRESS.

    Step 3: Gazette Notification
    You need to approach the Government press of your state and apply to have your name change notification published in the official Gazette of your state. Once this is published, your name change process is complete and you can start using your new name.

    For further information please feel free to contact info@spicylaw.com or call +91-9585776007.

    Thank you

    • This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by admin.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.